The adoption process explained:
Adopting a pet from MAPS can be a simple process if you understand what is needed from you. Below we outline the steps of the process, as well as some additional information that you mind find useful. Please remember that we are available if you need any assistance or advice!
The adoption process is as follows:
1) Fill out the adoption application form in one of two ways
* online by clicking here
* download it here and mail it to us
2) Browse through the animals available for adoption by clicking here.
3) Once you have decided which animals you would like to meet, please contact us to make an appointment. You will then have the opportunity to meet our wonderful animals - but be warned - you will fall in love!
4) We will then do an informal interview and premises-check with you.
5) If you are cleared to adopt the animal you chose, you will then be required to pay the applicable adoption fee and sign the adoption contract.
6) Now you can come and pick up your new furry family member and live happily every after!
Our adoption process has been put together to protect both you and the animals we have in our care, so please be patient while we go through the process with you. Because we know (as much as one can know) our animals, please trust us if we say a particular animal does not fit with you. While we will try our best to allow you to adopt the animal of your choice, our first priority is to find a home that best suits the animals we care for.
If you are unsure whether to adopt or buy, please click here for some great reasons to adopt!
Please read through our Frequently Asked Questions if you need clarity on anything. Alternative, contact us and we will be glad to assist you!